Sunday, October 31, 2010

The stars!

So tonight my husband and I picked up some unwanted limbs and firewood and drug them back to our property to burn tonight.  They finally lifted the burn ban in our area so my husband has been just itching to start a fire.  We left him to it.  So I called around 9pm wondering if he was camping out...nope...just needed some water to put out the remaining embers.  I drove out to the property to meet him with a 5 gallon bucket of water and looked up into the sky on the way there and didn't see any stars so I assumed it was cloudy.   Once I arrived at the property I realized I was wrong, yes it was partly cloudy, but our city has a good deal of light pollution in town that prevents you from seeing those lovely stars.  Out on the property, you can see a lovely sky full of small white twinkles and only a few wispy clouds. 

This is one of many reasons why we love this property!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so lovely! I can't wait to visit some summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best in reaching your dream. It's been rocky at times, but I am so glad we moved out to the middle of nowhere. The stars alone would keep me here. I'll keep checking back to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I actually was coming home from visiting girlfriends and I just HAD to go get a peek of those stars being as tonight was just so clear....I could get lost in that sky!

    ReplyDelete