Thursday, April 14, 2011

turkeys, ducks and geese

The turkeys, ducks and geese arrived this morning...another 6 am wakeup call and trip to the post office.  They are sooooo cute!  The turkeys are all light yellow (6 of them) but one which I suspect is a broad breasted bronze.  The light yellow I suspect are holland whites since thats the bigger white turkey they offer.  The geese I think may be pilgrim geese, there are two and if they are then we have a male and a female which is ideal for us.  The ducks, 5- I believe to be pekin ducks and the other 2 I think may be Swedish blue ducks- although one is black and one is blue. 
Oh and its true the old saying that "birds of a feather flock together".  The water birds have been inseperable and the turkeys are trying their best to work their way in but those water birds want nothing to do with them.  Also, I've learned that turkeys will lay and sleep in the oddest positions, I actually thought one was dying based on how it was laying in the brooder.  He (or she) popped right up and started running about though when it was woken up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment