Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How it looks right now

So this is our 9.4 acre field as it looks today.  Nothing too exciting yet.  I decided to take this picture as I pulled in on my way to drop off compost from our kitchen and I thought this would be a good time to take a picture like this.  I'm really hoping in a few weeks I can show you a similar picture but with a scurry of excavators and workers trying to erect the framework of a house.  The tire treads you see now will be the driveway and we plan to make it 400 feet long for privacy and well, if you have this much space why not?  We go all the way back to the tree lines on either side and the houses in the very back.  If you looked to the left you'd see the Christmas tree we planted the first year we bought the land and just after that our nearest neighbor's house.  We have a little additional land on the other side of her house too. 

Speaking of that tree line, thought I'd show you my husband's latest project: Removal of extra, broken, diseased trees in the windbreak.  Boy, he took on the task.  This picture (below) is either a Bradford or Cleveland pear that was broken in a storm recently.  Fun huh?  Still lots to do.

Hoping to have more soon!

4 comments:

  1. Your land is beautiful! I know you're excited to see a house being built on it - I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its hard to imagine it now that the grass is so well established but 2 years ago it was a soy field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete